Welcome to my blog!

May friendship, encouragement and grace abound!

To read my adoption blogs check out: katelynsfund blog

Monday, March 21, 2011

Your Maker is Your Husband

While my husband struggled, I found hope in the realization that God would be my husband. While every ounce of my being cried out to him - when there were no words to serve justice to what I felt, my spirit groaned, lamented, and lay bare before the throne of God. What I could not express with human language, was already known by my Father.

Husband, I need your covering. I feel bare, exposed and vulnerable. I need you husband, to spread your wing over me and draw me close to your breast, where I can feel your heart beat and where I feel safe and secure. For you Maker is your husband-the Lord Almighty is his name-the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; he is called the God of all the earth. Isaiah 54:4

Husband, I need your wisdom, I have been foolish. I have made mistakes that were careless and unwise. Cover me, as I repent and recognize the areas in my life where I need to tread more carefully. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. James 1:5

Husband, provide for our family. I want to do for myself in the way that is best for my family. In whatever way I am to care for our children and myself, direct it by your hand. Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns; and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Matthew 6:26

Husband, whisper my name. Be tender and pull me lovingly close. Allow me to pour out my heart...especially at night. Draw me in, cradle me with your love. Cause my sleep to be peaceful and refreshing to my body. Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer. Psalm 4:1

Husband, help me to raise our children. I am overwhelmed by this responsibility. I realize that they are your children too and you do have their best interest in mind. All your sons will be taught by the Lord, and great will be your children's peace. Isaiah 54:13

Sometimes, I cannot bear the thought of tomorrow. From time to time, husband, present me with diamonds of life, especially chosen for me, so that I am reminded of your deep love and commitment for me. Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Psalm 25:6

Help me, husband, to see that I am beautiful in your eyes. It doesn't matter what flaws that I see in the mirror, or what has been spoken of me in the past - as long as you, oh beloved, think that I am lovely. The king is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your Lord. Psalm 45:11

Husband, help me to laugh. Place a spirit of joy upon my heart. Protect my heart from bitterness and self-pity. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ Jesus God forgave you. Ephesians 4:31-32

Heavenly Husband, I can be confident in knowing that you will never leave me. You will never walk away from me or our children. You'll never stop referring to me as your beloved. Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

Husband, hold me, hold me tightly and hold me forever. I belong to my lover and his desire is for me. Song of Solomon 7:10

No comments:

Post a Comment