Welcome to my blog!

May friendship, encouragement and grace abound!

To read my adoption blogs check out: katelynsfund blog

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Throw off your sackcloth

Clean bed sheets. They make me happy, so does taking a walk, having a good cup of French vanilla coffee on the back porch, watching the baby goats run through the lush, green pasture, a full moon, buttery popcorn, fresh cut flowers...so many ways to have a moment of bliss and mostly, they are free - if I will only partake.

Those unique ways, fused into my day help me to reflect and remember the joys of life.

Where did we get the notion that God wants us walking around with long faces, sober thoughts and a life of want and neglect?

God wants us to enjoy life - not to the point where we make this world our desire, but to recognize that He gave each of us wonderfully unique ways that speak "smiles" to us. For me, it is a lot of being outdoors, or with a good book, creating, being with my guitar.

When is the last time you did that very simple thing that you so enjoy? Have you ever made a list of the top ten things that bring you joy? For a friend of mine, its having a diet Pepsi on ice...its that simple! When is the last time you allowed yourself to be unburdened by the harsh world by taking a few moments for you...not in a selfish way...just a refreshing way.

My family has suffered a great loss recently with the passing of my brother. We all gathered at the farm, around the pond last Sunday, enjoying the amazing weather. We ate, fished, took walks, talked, played corn-hole, loved on all the babies, relaxed in the sun...we stopped the business of life for a day and enjoyed simply being.

What are the unique ways God brings you joy? What are those simple moments that He knows delight your heart....if you have to think very long, its time to revisit them!

No comments:

Post a Comment