Welcome to my blog!

May friendship, encouragement and grace abound!

To read my adoption blogs check out: katelynsfund blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Anther wedding; another daughter leaving the nest

In just five weeks, our youngest daughter, Jena will be married. In three weeks, she moves into the apartment that she will eventually share with her new husband. She's our third to be married. She's a hard-working and successful young woman who desires to have the Lord in the center of her marriage. She's twenty years old and certainly growing up...still, I can still see her..

as you stand there, my little Jena Michelle, all sweet with your light brown curls swirled around your precious baby face, your happy disposition such a delight to our family. I see you there as you toddle behind your older brother and sister - willing to try anything they do. I see your dimpled baby hands and your little dimple on your cheek when you grin.

I see you there, sweet daughter as you dance to the theme song of Beauty and the Beast, dressed up in a wedding gown, pretending to dance with your prince. I see you twirling and spinning, enjoying the royal, pretend ball that is being held in the living room with your sister, twirling and dancing right along with you.

I see you there, beloved daughter of the King as you grow, learn, fall in love and have your heart broken. I see you there as you pass through one high school class after another attempting to get through high school as quickly as you can. I see you there getting your license and to my horror, driving off for the first time on your own. I see you there as you tell me and your dad about a wonderful guy you met at church and how he is a pilot and a soldier and how kind he is.

I see you there working hard through college and getting your dream job. I see you there standing before the mirror trying on yet another wedding gown - shouldn't you be in the living room dancing and twirling with your sister? Shouldn't you still have a kool-aid stained smile? Shouldn't you still be riding your bike around the yard?

I will see you there, my delightful, beautiful daughter, standing before your groom. I will see you as you take your dad's arm for the last time that he will be the authority over you. I will see you as you pledge your heart to your husband, taking a vow to love and honor. I will see you as you, for the first time will be announced as a "Mrs." I will see you, my beloved child as you drive away with your husband and begin life with him.

I will always be able to see you, my Jena Michelle, as a most precious gift. How blessed I have been to have been entrusted with you for almost twenty-one years. I pray that I can always "see" you happily and innocently twirling and dancing.

I see you there, daughter and my heart sings with delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment