Welcome to my blog!

May friendship, encouragement and grace abound!

To read my adoption blogs check out: katelynsfund blog

Monday, May 16, 2011

Do You See Me, God?

I know that you are a God who cannot be measured nor fully understood. I watch in awe as the sun sets and as the stars you cast emerge from the darkened sky. I hear the thunder as it shakes the ground. I see the magnificent evidence of your power all around me. I know that you gave me the most perfect, most beautiful gift by tearing your own flesh for my sake. I know that you are beginning and end and I inherit your kingdom because of your grace.

I know you knew of me before the foundations of the earth. I know that you delight in hearing my voice, my outstretched arms reaching, searching for you. I know that you are my Creator, and it is only because you allow it, that my lungs take in life-breath and my heart pumps my life blood.

But, God, do you see me? Do you care that I feel forgotten, shelved even by man? I know you love me, but do you care about me, today? As days melt into weeks, do you watch as I grow even more unsure of your love; anyone’s love? Do you see, as I put up walls and shut down thoughts, avoiding relationships, afraid they will only lead to more disappointment? Though I’ve chosen to shut them out of my mind, can you still see my dreams – the ones I once dared to dream?

Can you still see those things that in my heart have gone for so long, unmet? Do I dare to believe again; risking that dreadful door of disappointment being swung wide open? Do I bolt and lock the door, pretend it was never there, avoid it all costs for fear of what might never be on the other side – the fulfillment of those dreams, those desires?

Where has my passion gone? Where life was once over-flowing, is now a parched and barren wasteland. The thirst-quenching tributaries to my soul appear to have dried up. How is it that I feel so far from the purpose for which I was created? Where have I gone, where have I wandered to? Do you see me, Lord? Do you see me as I struggle? Do you see me as I am afraid to imagine, afraid to think? Do you see my faint heart?

I know that you are the Author of Life, but do you see me, Lord?

Sometimes, we find that we doubt, that our heart grows weary and we question if God loves us, or even sees us.

Indeed, he does! Though our faith may weaken...his love does not...

Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! Isaiah 49:15

God will never forsake you nor leave you beloved. His love for you is everlasting. Press into him, lean closer to him. Indeed he sees your sorrow, your pain, your suffering, your fears...his eyes never, ever leave you.



1 comment:

  1. From my heart to your hands writing your blog. I too wonder where those dreams went...where the storehouse of passion hides. It seems as forgotten as ancient lore...yet so close I can almost touch it.

    Thank you for sharing, Joy!

    B-

    ReplyDelete