Welcome to my blog!

May friendship, encouragement and grace abound!

To read my adoption blogs check out: katelynsfund blog

Monday, February 6, 2012

A Famished Imagination

The lives we lead often lead little to the imagination. We are bombarded with how we should think, how we should dress, what our homes should look like, what is the new and current trend, what is not...it comes from all directions - so much is created for us and put before us that we sometimes find our minds are tired. Our imaginations become famished and starved.

We are too busy doing, planning, running, chasing what someone else tells us to chase. Our idols consume our thoughts. Our insatiable appetite to please and feed self absorbs the freedom to sit before God and ask, "What have YOU, for me?" Rather, we are often asking, "God can YOU do this for ME?" We have a plan and often it is one that the world has spoken to us, one that is consuming more of self. We often have little time to stop, to listen, to gaze upon the glory that is all around us.

Our minds cannot comprehend what plans God has for us. Our minds often don't sit still long enough to even consider that God has something greater, more noble, for us!

Personally, I love to create...always, something is rummaging around in my mind most often it takes the form of re-purposing an old piece of furniture, decorating a room, plucking my guitar, creating something new on the sewing machine or in the kitchen. (I would have no trouble blogging about my adventures in what I call comfy-cheap decorating). That is all well and good, but it is a form of busyness and can often lead to complete consumption.

It is when I take my imagination and turn it toward God - what HE intends for my life, what HE wants me to dream of, to set my mind upon...that is when even my roaming imagination is satisfied.

Creativity is a glorious gift from God and oh how it can be used to speak and tell of HIS glory!

Your mind cannot fathom the beautiful ways God wants to bless you: peace, joy, patience, kindness, mercy, grace, opportunities to share in kingdom building relationships, opportunities to see his hand move, opportunities to use your gifts and talents and YOUR IMAGINATION for the glorious things HE has planned for your life.

Dare you take your imagination to God?


No comments:

Post a Comment