Welcome to my blog!

May friendship, encouragement and grace abound!

To read my adoption blogs check out: katelynsfund blog

Thursday, February 2, 2012

One of Those Weeks

This week I haven't had much umph in me. I've come off a flu-type yucky cold from the weekend and I've had lots of writing deadlines to muddle through. In general, I just haven't been up to par. Some days are like that...you just aren't quite yourself.

A dear friend just had major knee surgery, another is dealing with her son's drug addiction, still another is thinking of her son she just sent to boot camp, so many situations and emotions can leave us preoccupied...we just aren't our usual self. If you are in a season of rest or restlessness, God is the constant in your ever-changing world.

No matter where you find yourself today - facing giants, or being one, God has not changed!

I find great peace in knowing that God is constant. No matter the state of my health, bank account, circumstance or emotions - God is never caught off guard, never sleeps nor slumbers, never worries or frets and never hurries. God has and will forever reign on His throne!

So on those weeks when I don't accomplish what I hope and when I feel like I've wasted time or at best just got through the week - I can rest knowing that all is well in the world - God is in control. Because I've been out of commission doesn't mean the world around me stops turning. In contrast, it helps me realize just how much control I DON'T HAVE!

If you are having one of those "off" weeks like I am, be assured... the world will not stop turning!

So...rest in His care, His peace, His protection, His provision and allow yourself to breathe cause sometimes you don't have much choice in your circumstance so why not let God handle the world today...cause its Him who really holds it all together anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment