Welcome to my blog!

May friendship, encouragement and grace abound!

To read my adoption blogs check out: katelynsfund blog

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

We're in Trouble

The economic situation is depressing, the moral decline of our society, sobering, but the most heart breaking is the condition of marriages and families. People we're in trouble! The past few weeks, I've sobbed and cried my eyes out over the married couples who are close to us...in trouble, in crisis, in the pits! I've spent hours on the phone and hours counseling women. While filming the video, one particular day, I told one of the members of the film crew that it was a good day for "B" role (no interviewing, just background) because my eyes were so puffy and swollen from crying night after night. Poor me, right? No. I just happen to know the intense and immeasurable soul wrenching sorrow that one feels when their marriage isn't right. Truth is...it's poor "us."

We are in such a sad state of society (church community included) that we have tossed our vow, our commitment around like the old fast food sack in the back seat of the car.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, "If God can slop up the mess that my husband and I made of our marriage, he can clean up yours!" It's never too late! I don't care how badly you've hurt each other or what has been said and done. God is bigger than your sin and your spouses' sin! Your marriage is worth fighting for!

I don't forgot the sin that was done to me. My husband doesn't forget about the sin done to him.  But we CHOOSE to forgive, to move on, to allow MERCY to run rampant in our lives! We didn't have the will or the power to forgive. We don't have it, still today. What we do have is the Holy Spirit helping us, empowering us to be able to FORGIVE!

Let's face it, we are all sinners. So that means that you are married to a sinner and your spouse (though you may feel they are the most blessed to have you) is married to a sinner! Sobering thought, isn't it? Cause when you consider all the lame-brain ways your spouse has treated you, all the ways they have been inconsiderate, selfish, lazy and ignorant...you have to come to terms with ....you! I'm a sinner - Christ died for my sins. He was INNOCENT and paid my ransom. I didn't deserve it. That's MERCY! Yet, God forgives me, allows me an opportunity to have communion with him. That's extending His GRACE!

We sinful creatures can really make a mess of our lives and we are good at making messes for others. So much so we can end up with a mess of a marriage. But! Let's review....God is in the business of cleaning it up...that's the grace and mercy again.

My swollen, puffy eyes implore you, my breaking heart begs you....Drop to your knees and surrender - your life, your marriage to Him. Give him your mess. Hand it over -nasty heap that it is...He'll gladly accept it and create something that will take your breath away. Even if your spouse isn't willing to pray, get help, or change, you can still - stop, drop and pray - and give God your part of the mess!

Please, don't throw your vow out like last week's french fries you find in the back seat of the car. Your marriage is worth fighting for!

What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God - through Jesus Christ our Lord! Romans 7:24-25 
 DARE YOU PRAY: WHO WILL RESCUE THIS MARRIAGE FROM DEATH? THANKS BE TO GOD - THROUGH JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD  - HE WILL!

2 comments:

  1. I needed to read this today. 18 years, 2 babies, and we are in the mess. I say I forgive, but I am letting the devil run rampant with my thoughts. I gave grace, but I amnoticing myself trying to take it back like it was ever mine to give. I would like to say that I trust God's plan, but I know in my heart that I am fearful. I have a wall up, my heart is guarded against being broken again by this man I loved, I am scared. And I know that those feelings are not from God, I can recognize that, but my strength is wearing... This helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed to read this today. 18 years, 2 babies, and we are in the mess. I say I forgive, but I am letting the devil run rampant with my thoughts. I gave grace, but I amnoticing myself trying to take it back like it was ever mine to give. I would like to say that I trust God's plan, but I know in my heart that I am fearful. I have a wall up, my heart is guarded against being broken again by this man I loved, I am scared. And I know that those feelings are not from God, I can recognize that, but my strength is wearing... This helps!

    ReplyDelete