Welcome to my blog!

May friendship, encouragement and grace abound!

To read my adoption blogs check out: katelynsfund blog

Thursday, April 26, 2012

When Your Soul Cries Out



When your soul cries out, when the deepest anguish rises from the pit of your stomach, the pit of your soul, when you beg God to intervene...to save a child, save a marriage, heal, restore, redeem, rescue...He listens, He is there.

When you feel broken in a million pieces and you can't find one single piece that is whole any longer...He lifts them off the ground, out of your hands.

When you think you have disappointed everyone around you and have failed to the point of being forsaken and labeled by everyone...He still calls you his beloved.

When you have no idea where to turn or how any of this will work out, when hope seems to have faded away completely...He still causes the sun to rise each morning, breath to fill your lungs.

When you realize that you are desperate, desperate for God, that you will fail and wander away from Him over and over...He never tires of wooing you back to Him.

"I see your pain, I see your doubt, I haven't forgotten you. There is nothing you can do that will cause my love to change for you. I fought for you, I gave my life for you. My love is pure, my love has rescued you...let me take the broken in your life.

He will call upon me, and I will answer him, I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. Psalm 91:15

Today, I tucked one of her little girls into the car seat. She had fallen asleep in my arms. Her other precious daughter, was strapped into her seat. I spoke encouragement and reminded her that God would be with her, I prayed for her and we held onto one another as she wept. She's heading home to see family, out-of-state for a few days. Her husband has left. She is broken in a million pieces. Her soul cries out. Her heart aches. Her little girls are stressed and confused. Another marriage that I'm hoping God will restore. Another glimpse of how fragile life is and how it can change so quickly. The Lord is our hope, it is her only hope. But by hoping in God and God alone, you place your million pieces and broken heart into the hands of a Creator who is not only long-suffering, kind and gentle with his sheep, He is also the majestic lion...He will fight for you. The God who spoke earth, moons, stars, every life into existstance cares, he will move every one of them to get to your million pieces. He will move on your behalf.

God move among your people, move among the hearts of man. We cry out with desperate pleas ....we are a broken and needy people. You are our only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment